- Lest we forget the aborigines who sometimes fought the white invaders who came and took their land, and sometimes their people.
- Lest we forget the aborigines who fought for the white invaders even when the whites did not give them the vote or consider them to be real people in the constitution.
- Lest we forget the children who were stolen from their parents because they were deemed to be unworthy.
- Lest we forget those who were sent to live in reservations because they were not white, because they were aborigines, Chinese, islanders and others.
- Lest we forget children held in detention for no good reason for years of their lives.
25 April 2009
While it is important to remember the lessons of war, there are many others who have fought in Australia's past for their way of life and what they believed in that also need to be remember.